Preparing for Your Stay
Upon admission to University of Maryland Medical Center Midtown Campus, the nurse manager for the unit on which you are assigned will visit you to welcome you and answer questions you may have.
During your stay you may also be visited by our patient advocate, who can also address any questions or concerns that you have. The patient advocate can directly answer non-medical questions and will assist in getting answers to your medical questions or concerns. The Patient Advocate can be reached at 443-552-2870.
What to Bring
You are welcome to bring your personal hygiene and hair care products, dentures and shaving items. We will provide fresh linens, toothbrush, toothpaste, denture cup, bathing materials, and hospital gowns. You may choose to have your night gown, pajamas, robe, and slippers.
In addition to your personal items, please bring the following:
- A copy of your physician’s orders
- A valid driver’s license or other government-issued picture ID
- Your insurance card or your current UMMC Midtown Campus Charity ID card
- Referral forms from your physician (if required by your insurance carrier)
- Any forms required by your insurance carrier
- A list of medications you are currently taking
- A list of known allergies
- A copy of your advance directives
- Any payment due at the time of service, including co-pays, deductibles and coinsurance